PhotobucketIT MAKES ME A HAPPY GAL TO HEAR FROM YOU!!!!

Monday, December 17, 2007

Ice Storm

Wow, how the time just flies bye. I feel as if life has been so crazy lately, and I haven't had the time to get on the computer as much. Well thats not all true I have been on but doing other things. I discovered how to do itunes and I got another addiction. That can be a bad one if I ain't careful. We just got our electric back on tonight and I must say that I love electricity. We had a ice storm here about a week ago and we just got our power back. We are so spoiled now a days. We have internet, cable, dishwasher, washer and dryer. Living with out these things is so hard but do able. I sent my laundry to my mom once to get it done. Know we have the chore of getting our yard cleaned up and clearing out all the tree brush that we have every where. The town of Drumright had to shut off the water for a few days so we went with out water for awhile. We have some wonderful friends who gave us a place to stay.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This is a picture of the tree that decided to come down.

I didn't get a good picture of the tree on our trailer and the one on our roof. We will have lots of fun cleaning the mess and fixing the guttering that is coming down due to this tree. But the good thing is it feel on Lee's truck and and it didn't harm his truck at all. He had to get in the truck and back out quickly while the tree fell the rest of the way down. Since we had a inch of ice on the truck it didn't scratch it.

I am thankful for the gas fireplace that kept us warm and the water to flush the toilets. I am thankful that we was able to buy a generator to keep our food from going bad. God truly watched over us in this time.

I am also thankful that God keeps letting us know that we will be moving to Oregon in time. It is stressful not knowing when but I believe with all my heart he has a plan. And I must say we fail time after time but I know he is here with me letting me know the time is coming and to just be patient. I tell myself we have sold one house and the other one is almost done and will be ready to sell soon. So just remember us in your prayers we need them tremendously.

9 comments:

Jules said...

Wow! That was some huge branches that fell right by your house. We actually don't have any trees on our property, but the next door neighbor's tree lost several big branches in our yard. We also had ivy growing on our back chain link fence, and it completely fell down, so now we have to fix that. But I feel blessed that we had a warm place to go. I don't think we will forget about this anytime soon ;)

Marisela said...

I am so glad to see you back on here. I have missed reading your blogs. I am thankful to hear the Lord is still working things out for you to move out here. We are all looking forward to your arrival...the sooner the better!

Kim said...

Yeah you posted!!! Glad all is well and the Lord provided for you.

Anonymous said...

I wish people could see how fortunate/blessed they are with the things GOD has provided them instead of always wanting more. Your statement that you need prayers 'Tremendously' would suggest you are in dire need of something. Are you homeless? Do you have sick or critically ill children? Is your spouse unable to work and provide? Should we pray that you can be content with ALL that you have until GOD works things out to your likeing? What is the 'Tremendous' need? Feel blessed and be careful not to whine. - this is what you get when you leave your blog open for anyone to post on - THE TRUTH. Your friends will not tell you the truth.

Cherrie said...

Anonymous: If you was any one important to me then you would know our need. But since your not I really don't care what you think. You must be pretty pathetic if you go around posting on blogs with out leaving your name. So just get a life.

Anonymous said...

To Anonymous: You sound like you are a so called Christian, so here's some scripture to read: Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote of thy brothers eye.
Matthew:7:5

P.S.- A mote is like a splinter, a beam is a large pole, you figure out what it is trying to say. Every person on this earth is ALWAYS in the need of prayers in one way or another.

Seriously, what has she ever done to you? This person is the most caring and giving person and really didn't deserve your stupid comment.

Anonymous said...

It is good to see you have a post up. I think that everyones pictures are going to be pretty impressive. I'm glad Lee's truck wasn't scratched. I am so glad to get our electricity back on. My laundry is way backed up.

I'll keep on praying for you that you will know God's will for your life. Our time is not God's time.

Love and Prayers Sylvia

Tish said...

That looks like it was some storm. I'm glad you are ok. I'm also glad that you have been able to count the blessings through it all.

I'm sorry you got that comment. I guess I understand what they're saying about being content with your needs being met, but they don't know about the other stresses of life that you have to deal with. I will be praying for you. Asking for prayer in your time of need is the thing to do. I believe we have spiritual and emotional needs besides just the needs of the physical body. I will pray that God will grant you what you NEED to get through things.

I'm also VERY excited about you guys moving out here! I'm really looking forward to it!

Trina said...

That storm was truly vicious! I can't believe how much you had to endure..yikes! It sure makes me feel quite spoiled all tucked away in a cozy home day after day.

My advice to you about anonymous commenters is to not respond to them and you can delete them by hitting that little trash can at the bottom of their comment. Most of the time I leave them, but if they are mean spirited than just delete them.

I can't wait until you are out here! It will be a great joy and blessing to all of us!