PhotobucketIT MAKES ME A HAPPY GAL TO HEAR FROM YOU!!!!

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

School.....again.....

A few weeks ago I went to the Homeschool Convention in OKC and ordered the kids some new school. I so love what I got so far. I got the Switched-On Schoolhouse from Alpa Omega. I felt like it was Christmas when we recieved it. We got it all set up and made the kids start early. So far we have had two real good days of doing our new school. The kids seem to enjoy it so far. We are also doing Math-u-see also. I so love the math-u-see. I must say it is my favorite math so far. The kids seem to understand what they are learning with it. I like having most of the subjects on the computer it seems to help out alot. I still have to help them some. But I can clean while they are doing there work and stop when needed to assist. We decided to go on ahead with this next years school early and have a jump start. We never know what is going to happen in our life to make school stop for a period. So we thought we would get a jump on it so we don't get behind. This is a picture of Stormie playing a learning game I found at the Apple Tree. It teaches spelling and reading.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

7 comments:

meNmykids said...

I can't wait to hit the homeschool convention here. We are going to do year round school too, never know what the future will bring. I'd rather be ahead than behind. Glad you like what you got.

Anonymous said...

We are starting the new stuff in June. I only want to do school 4 days a week. Jeff has Fridays off so that gives us more freedom. And I agree, you never know what the future will bring. I hope you really like this curriculum.
Sylvia

michelle said...

I am alittle different ,in that I am glad school is almost out .We can sleep in hang out at home go to the river to swim after house work is done .Cherri you need to go look at my new post and make sure to show it to Lee .I showed Brian your post with your deer and we just couldn't help but show off our pets.

Mrs.Martin said...

I can't wait for my books to come in too. Alexis starting high school this summer and I am excited to get going again.

Trina said...

I cant wait to go to the homeschool convention here too. We will be doing year round school here too. We have struggled this year with all the changes and the move. So we will be trying to stay on top of it all through the summer. Im so glad that you made the right choices for your family. You always hope its the right fit when you bring it all home.

marykathryn said...

I am actually wringing my hands in anticipation until school gets out!! I am ready for a break and summer..hehe
However it is great that you have a curriculum that feels good, I'm sure that helps alot!!
BTW.. Love the deer photos..that would sooooo be Rusty's dream too!!

Mrs.Martin said...

Where are your posts? Miss them.