PhotobucketIT MAKES ME A HAPPY GAL TO HEAR FROM YOU!!!!

Monday, January 21, 2008

Patience

I have decided that I need more patience. I seem to get upset with my kids easily. And I want to have the patience to deal with in a way that they will remember. And I don't want them remembering me yelling at them and bossing them around. I want to be a good mom with lots of wisdom. At least I want them to see me that way. I find myself busy at times and waving my hand at them to go away. But I also want them to know that when adults are talking it is rude to listen or ask a question. They need to wait for there turn. My Elisha likes to get in the middle of the conversation if he can. I find this very rude. But I also know he is a wonderful kid, with a heart of gold. So I just pray that God will teach me how to deal with my kids in a way that will help them grow as young adults. I want them to come to me for advice and questions that they have.


I also need patience with life. I get something in my head and I want it done right now. My poor husband gets so frustrated with me at times. I am so ready to move and I want things done now! I want this house sold now! Maybe this is Gods way of teaching me patience. Who knows? So for now I must wait for the time to come. We did get a lot done on the house and I am hoping to a For Sale sign out by the end of the week. So we will just pray that the Lord will send our buyers soon.

3 comments:

Marisela said...

I too feel like I lack patience. I find it hard to wait on the Lord. I want things to happen "RIGHT NOW" but when I do wait and have patience the rewards are great, and I often find the Lord had something better in store for me.

Tish said...

Patience is a very important trait that I think everyone needs work on. I find myself losing patience with my children. It's so important to treat them right during these growing up years. You don't want to alienate them. I told myself I would never yell at my children, but I do. Yes, I need to work on patience too.

Mom of 3, Aunt of 16 said...

It seems that I'm constantly losing patience with my children. The thing is they respond better when I'm more patient. Edgar is in 5th grade, can do his schoolwork on his own, but most of the time doesn't. I know that if I take the time every Monday to sit down with him and help him he is usually set for the whole week. But did I do that this week? No! So yesterday I did and he got more done in one morning than he did all day the day before. Actually his teacher had called and worked with him so he did get alot done Monday afternoon.