PhotobucketIT MAKES ME A HAPPY GAL TO HEAR FROM YOU!!!!

Thursday, January 31, 2008

NEWS

Well we just got back from Oregon on monday. And I feel so blessed that we got to go. The Lord worked so much out for us on this quick trip. Well on monday of last week, Lee called me and told me that he felt to go to Oregon as soon as we could. Me being a woman had a hard time with the thought of going that fast. So I looked online for a ticket and the prices were really high for a days notice. But as I looked I found a site to bid for a ticket. So I decided to take a chance and see what would happen. To my surprise we got the tickets for the same price as one at regular price. So the next day we were off to Oregon. With the help of Julie watching my kids.

The blessings were so amazing. We arrived in Portland on monday night at Bro. Dennis and Sis. Trina's house and they put us up for the night. We got up early the next morning to pick up Bro. Elvin and go see some of sick that we wanted to visit. We first headed to Harrisburg and saw Sis. Britany. I felt so blessed to get to meet this family and this young lady. We then headed to see Bro. Eric. Our final stop was to head to Redmond and see Sis. Dawn. I am so glad that the Lord allowed us to see all these wonderful brethren. We were allowed to sit in meeting with the brethren in Redmond. The next morning we headed back to Portland to be in meeting there. Being there for meeting made me so excited about moving there and it becoming my home church. I love how it is a small church. We stayed thru the weekend with Dennis and Trina. They always make us feel at home. Thank you guys!

On Saturday we took a road trip all together to see a new baby and some of the sick again. I had a really nice time seeing so many people. Seeing the love of the brethren was a beautiful blessing to see. Seeing the new life was a blessing. The next day was church and I was blessed again. I got a prophecy while we was at church that basically let everyone now that I was pregnant. Everyone was so polite and didn't hound me about it. But poor Trina could not believe that not anyone asked me about it. I actually was a little relieved. I am very excited but have been a little nervous because of my recent miscarriage. So I guess the news is out. I am pregnant and due September 23. I haven't had the talk with my kids yet. But the time is coming.

God was so good to us on this trip. So much happened that gave us the encouragement that we needed. We feel as if our bodies are here but our heart is out there.

13 comments:

Trina said...

That was an amazing trip. The Lord worked out the timing for you guys in so many ways. I am glad that you guys went when the Lord told you or you would have missed out on seeing Sis. Dawn. We always enjoy you guys, you are so easy to have in our home. We are looking forward to when you guys move here, and we are thrilled that another little one is on the horizon for the two of you. Congratulations!!

Marisela said...

It was so great to have you guys out here. I am so glad we got to spend a little time together, you guys are a blast to hang out with! I am really looking forward to you living here. And how exciting it will be to have another new baby at church! Congraduations!

Tiffany said...

Hello Sis.Cherrie! I just wanted to thank you so much for coming to visit our brethren and to pray for the sick in the area. Sis.Brittany was on cloud 9 after you all came and prayed for her. I know Bro.Dave and Sis.Dayna have been so comforted by the love the brethren have shown to their family during their daughters affliction. It's been a comfort to us all!

Congratulations on the baby! We'll keep you in our prayers.

Sis.Tiffany P. - Harrisburg, Or

:.☂Raine☂.: said...

I'm so glad I got to meet you and Bro. Lee when you guys came down! It was definitely a comfort to us all to see you guys there.

Congrats on the baby! I'm so happy for you guys! I'll be praying for you.

Sis. Lorraine (Raine) P.

Sis. Lori P. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sis. Lori P. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sis. Lori P. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sis. Lori P. said...

Hi Sis. Cherrie! I wrote a nice comment and then it got lost in Blogger Posting Land. Oh well, here goes again! I am so thankful that we were able to meet you and Bro. Lee. Glad to hear that you guys are expecting and hopefully the Lord will bring you out to Oregon before you get too far along! Besides...it's cooler here in Oregon than OK...I hated being hot when I was pregnant! We are all looking forward to getting to know you better when you do get here. Our daughter in law had her baby! Baby Max was born on the 30th...all went well and we are pleased as punch to have another grandbaby to cuddle and love!

Sis. Lori P. said...

I am laughing my head off! I guess my original post really didn't get lost in Blogger Land! Please excuse my little hiccup there Cherrie! I have no clue how it got there THREE times... I only hit the back button hoping I could find my postie again...big sigh...and blushing!

Tish said...

I wanted sooo bad to ask you if you were pregnant after church that night! But I refrained (actually I forgot to) I guess the Lord took that thought out of my head before I acted on it! I've been curious ever since. I'm happy to hear your news; and also the promise in the prophesy that the baby would breath the breathe of life!
When I was pregnant with my first one I got a simular promise. It was so nice to have that assurance.

I'm with Sis. Lori; I sure hope the Lord sends you out here before you get too far along!

Jules said...

HEHE, thanks a lot! I take care of your kids and pick you up from the airport and you don't tell me! LOL ;) I found out through Taylor. She said to me, "I can't beleive my aunt is going to have another baby." And I said to her, "Who???" And she said, "Aunt Cherrie." Then I said to her,"Sweetie, she lost that baby a long time ago." Then Ryan said,"Mom doesn't know yet." So that's how I found out. But I am happy for you guys! I know how bad you want another baby. Congratulations :)

meNmykids said...

So glad that you got to come, and that we got to see you also. Our trip was so good for us also. Sometimes the really hard things that you see others going through really puts life into perspective. Congrats on the baby news, we'll be praying.

Sister D said...

Sister Cherrie,
We can't thank you and your dear husband enough for your willing hearts to come and pray for our daughter. We know God's mercy shined upon her that day and we have seen His hand strengthen her everyday since. We will never forget your faithfulness to come pray for a little Sister you'd never met when she needed it most. Can't wait for you to move so she can thank you herself! :)

The Hansen Family