PhotobucketIT MAKES ME A HAPPY GAL TO HEAR FROM YOU!!!!

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

BIKE WRECK GONE BAD

As I was sitting in my chair rocking my little boy, I got a phone call from my brother. He precided to tell me that his middle boy was riding his bike and crashed it and broke his leg. My heart stopped for a brief second. The thought of one of my kids getting hurt like that scares me to death. So I told him to bring the other kids on over to the house. So this morning I have four extra kids in this house. The constant chatter of kids is buzzing through my home. The only problem is that I have not gone grocery shopping in weeks. So we are having to be more creative with our meals. I actually had to make pancakes for breakfast. I am so spoiled to my kids getting there own cereal in the mornings.

My little nephew Johnny is one tough little cookie. He is such a busy little man who is always on the go. Now he has to be still and I know that is going to kill him. My sister-in-law told me that he thought he was dying. He felt as if his dad was betraying him by helping the nurses straighten his leg out. My poor sister-in-law is a nervous reck and my heart goes out to her. She is a wonderful mom and I know that watching your child cry in pain is one of the hardest things you will ever have to do. So Mickey we love you guys and I am so sorry. And Johnny I love you and you are one brave little boy.

6 comments:

Michelle Swank said...

We will say some prayers over this way for them. Anything like that can be stressful and a trial. Kids are the one thing we will always worry about.

Sending Love & Prayers

meNmykids said...

Ouch! Like you I cringe to think of mine hurting. Seems to hurt more than if it were your own self. Take a deep breathe and flow through the noise. I hear you on the food thing, same thing here, what to eat, what to eat?

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry for him. How old is he? My kids started making eggs in the microwave. I came in this morning and they had gone through a dozen eggs. They just hadn't eaten them. I wasn't very happy.
I hope everyone can endure.

Sylvia

Cherrie said...

Michelle....thank you, he diffently needs the prayere. They think he might of broke the other ankle also.

Gail....I am trying to take a deep breathe but Lee is awful loud.lol

Sylvia....You kids are so creative. He will be 9 on monday.

marykathryn said...

Oh my!! That was quite the crash..was it a bicycle or like a motorbike?? Either way it must have been bad...hope he gets better fast!!
I definitely let the kiddos fend for themselves for breakfast but the other meals are on me..hehe

marykathryn said...

That sounds sooo awful! I feel for everyone involved. It sounds like a looooong painful journey! I hate to think of one of mine getting hurt like that too. Tell her that we are all thinking and praying for them. Lots of love!