PhotobucketIT MAKES ME A HAPPY GAL TO HEAR FROM YOU!!!!

Tuesday, April 3, 2007

My Children

I was sitting today thinking about the joys of being a mommy. I cherish my children so much. They each give me something diffent. For example my oldest Elisha is a very sensitive little man. He is my worrier about everything. When he was little I hovered over him always watching and making sure he didn't get hurt. So know he does the same to his siblings. The other day he caught Stormie walking along the fence trying to follow him. He got so mad because she was in the street. You would of thought he was the parent. But he is always so loving, he thrives on getting hugs from us and his siblings. He is a very emotional child and does not take being scolded very well.

Then there is Stormie who is never wrong and I think she could argue with a stump. She is the rebellious one always thinking she has the answer for everything. She was named so appropriate, her name fits her personality. But she is also very loving and caring. She is a little braver than Elisha. I think I loosened up with her a little.

And by time Samuel came along I loosened up a lot compared to the others. He is definetly been a challenge for me at times. He is afraid of nothing. My other kids never got into things and always stayed by my side. He will just do his own thing and before I know it he has flour all over the floor. Or soap poured out all over the bathroom. Or he is in the kitchen pulling things out of the cupboards. He does mind very well if told not to. You just have to catch him before he finds something to get into.

I was reading this book by Janette oke, she always has such good meaning behind her books. I love it when they put me in a good mood. I tend to be a emotional person. If I am watching a show on t.v. and a man is cheating on his wife I tend to get upset with my husband. I must get way to involve into the story line. So I do much better reading a good christian book with good morals. While I was reading this book it made me think about my children and how precious they are to me. And I don't ever want to get to busy with life that the time goes by and I forget to cherish something that they do. So this is why I hope to always pay attention to them. For God gave them to me and I will always be thankful for that.

5 comments:

Mrs.Martin said...

You are a great mommy Cherrie. Your kids are such cuties in each of their own ways, just like described. Being a mom is a wonderful gift from God, I really do not know what I would do with out them. But for starters, my house would be cleaner and my clothes would be name brand. But really I adore and cherish them! You know that. LOL

meNmykids said...

Suck up every second, that's what I think. I've been so thankful for mine, like you said, each one is different. By the way, I'm so relaxed now it's unreal but the babies thrive on it. House doesn't, but babies do.
Gale

Trina said...

You are so right about appreciating what each of our kids bring to the table. Each one of mine has broadened my perspective so much, I know Im a better person for it. The time of babyhood and childhood goes so fast though, so making sure you enjoy the flour on the floor and on the little fat cheeks is wise. Even though its hard to do....Roman is a handful too!

marykathryn said...

Children are gifts from the Lord and I am truly thankful for each one of mine..I do however get caught up in the day to day grind and forget that the time is fleeting and I need to cherish it...Thanks for the reminder!!

Anonymous said...

Aren't children amazing? Sometimes it easy to get caught up in the day to day craziness of being a mom. Then all of a sudden you remember, God has entrusted these precious little beings to us. We need to mold them into the people God wants them to be. And then I realize that they are molding me as much as I am molding them. Hopefully we will all end up better people.

By the way I enjoy hearing about Samuels little escapades. You know some of my stories and I sure do enjoy hearing about yours. Sylvia