PhotobucketIT MAKES ME A HAPPY GAL TO HEAR FROM YOU!!!!

Sunday, April 1, 2007

BINKY BYE BYE

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Yesterday my husband decided it was time to take the binky away. I was a little sad because in my own disturbing way, it was my way to keep him a baby longer. So he went and got the scissors (in front of Samuel) and cut the tip off. Then he told Samuel to throw it in the trash. Which he did like a good boy. Know when daddy is not around he comes to me asking for a binky. Me as the mom is so tempted to give in but I don't. But it is so tempting I am not ready for him to be a big boy yet. Let me tell you a little story about my little man. One day at a 4-H thing Lee was trying to keep him happy so he played this little game with him and his binky. Lee would take his binky and put it in his pocket and when Samuel would look it wasn't there. Then Lee pretend to shake Samuels ear and the binky would appear. So know my little man believes that his binky is in his ear. So he will come up to me and pull at his ear saying binky. Then he will start whinning that it hurts. He moans as though it really hurts. If I didn't know better, you would think he is totally serious. It totally craks me up because I know he is totally fine. He just wants his momma to give into him. Ohhh how kids know how to work there moms... hehehe I will be strong and stand by my man. But if I had it my way he would still have the BINKY....

5 comments:

Mrs.Martin said...

Well, first you are a good wife Cherrie and second, it cracks me up that the poor child thinks the binkie is in his EAR. Poor Baby. He is addicted to something in his Ear! Love it.

marykathryn said...

OHHHH so sad!! Rusty and I are about to take the plundge and say bye-bye to little miss Hailey's passy as well..sigh. Not looking forward to that experience..Would it be sooo wrong if she still had it for awhile longer?? Like maybe break her before her wedding day??..hehe Just kidding it needs to go!!

Trina said...

That is so funny that he tugs at his ear when he wants his binky. Smart boy!! I love it that you call it binky, that's what we always called it too. None of my boys liked it for very long though, so it never became an issue. That Samuel sure is a cutie bug!

Anonymous said...

Don't they grow up so fast? Faith has changed so much in just the last month or so. Everytime I look at her she seems older. My baby isn't a baby anymore. He is going through a lot of changes right now isn't he? Potty training and losing the binky. Poor baby, and poor momma.
Sylvia

meNmykids said...

What a day brings in the way of changes! It is bitter sweet, how fast it goes. I LOVE pacifiers it is always traumatic when we break them. Love the little ear tug thing.
Gale