PhotobucketIT MAKES ME A HAPPY GAL TO HEAR FROM YOU!!!!

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Baby Bands......

I woke up early this morning to go to town and get the stuff to make me some new baby bands. I had asked a sister that I know to help me, so I picked her up and off to Joanne Fabrics we went. We found some of the cutest baby blanket stuff, so I couldn't resist and purchased the stuff to make this baby 3 new blankets. When we were done we went and ate some Mexican food and then to another fabric store and of course Sonic for happy hour. Then off to her house to get the bands done. We made 11 new baby bands and sewed two blankets. Thanks to her daughter coming over and helping. I will go tomorrow to finish sewing the velcro on the bands and finish the other blankets. This has really been a fun thing to do. I am so excited to have all of these things done. I will take some pictures tomorrow if we get them finished.

On another note, Samuel was much better today. I think he is just testing me to see how much he can get away with. I plan on showing him who is the boss. Hopefully I can stick to it, but sometimes the things he says and does is just way to cute coming out of his little mouth.

6 comments:

Jules said...

Wow! That's awesome! So you are using velcro instead of having to pin the bands? That sounds WAYYY better, I hate putting safety pins on bands. I loved making baby blankets, I'm excited to see what they look like. Good for you =D

Sis. Lori P. said...

Umm...blushing here in Oregon....what's a baby band?

Jules said...

Lori: A band is a material that wraps around a baby's stomach, particularly around the belly button, to keep the belly button from poking out and causing a hernia (from when they cry really hard). I know one kid that has a hernia right where the his belly button is, poor kid. I kept the band around my kids for about one month.

melissa said...

i have to say the baby bands were my least favorite thing about having to clean up a baby my arms were to weak to even pick up my baby let alone fight with a band to get it just right and aiden always wet on them:(cause the bands were alittle long for his body but im glad to see your getting things done early and making the new baby blankets good luck on whatever is to come

Sabriena said...

Oh, preparing for a baby is so fun! And I don't even get to do the best stuff yet, or have the joy of it being my own child! But I'm sure I will, I'm sure I will. I love baby blankets! DO NOT FORGET TO POST PICTURES!!!

Sabriena said...

P.S. Good luck with Samuel.