PhotobucketIT MAKES ME A HAPPY GAL TO HEAR FROM YOU!!!!

Saturday, March 31, 2007

TASTE OF HOME

Last night I went to a Taste of Home cooking show. I had a wonderful time. A dear sister asked me to go and I am so glad that she did. Thanks Sis Janet. I took my mom with me. We had a very nice time and learned lots of new things. I did not know that you should let your meat get to room temperture before you cook it. I always thought it would go bad. Who new, not me. When we walked in they gave us this bag of goodies for coming. They even gave me free sonic coupons and who ever knows me that was a gold mine. hehehe They had lots of boths to look at with free stuff at the tables. I am a sucker for free stuff. hehe They gave lots of free gifts away. I didn't win any but that is o.k. Nothing that they gave away I can't buy for myself. I just hope that the ladies who won needed what they got. The one thing I really wanted was the little flat t.v. for my kitchen. So I guess I will inform Lee that I need that for my new kitchen. They cooked so many delicious foods that it is getting me in the cooking mood. I have needed a motivation lately, I have been the worse about cooking. So know lets if I can get myself in gear. I guess I need a little motivation every know and then. I will have to go to the homeschool convention to get some motivation on the schooling part also. May is right around the corner so it will be here before we even know it.

4 comments:

marykathryn said...

That is sooo cool..I would so enjoy going to one of those demonstrations. I used to get the magazine, but the subscription ran out and maybe I should renew..I'm starting to the same-ole, same-ole stuff for dinner too...
BTW.. Thanks for the sweet words on my blog, and you are right..WE ARE SOOOO GONNA GO VISIT!! hehe

momto3blessings said...

That sounds like alot of fun. I love that magazine they have.

Anonymous said...

The things you can learn from classes like that. I didn't know you were supposed to let meat get to room temperature before cooking. I saw a receipt on Good Eats for raw meat. doesn't that sound good. You should have heard Jeff when I told him about it. He didn't want it for dinner. hmm. I wonder why.
Sylvia

Mrs.Martin said...

How fun Cherrie! I went to a demostration with the ladies in our church in Redmond. Sheila won the free groceries. When they called her name, they mispronounced her last name and she knew it was her and she stood up and squeeled. I was like it wasn't you Sheila, but she knew it was. It was a fun time for sure.