PhotobucketIT MAKES ME A HAPPY GAL TO HEAR FROM YOU!!!!

Monday, June 30, 2008

Glistening Water Fall!

As all of you know we are staying at my moms house until we move. So as a good house guest I try to pull my weight around here and do things to help out. So tonight I decided that I would unload the dishwasher, so me and my big helper Elisha went to conquer this task. I usually get the things on top and have the kids hand me the things on bottom since bending over is getting a lot harder to do. So as I was putting up the glass cups on the glass shelf, all of the sudden a water fall of glasses came cascading around my legs leaving me in a pool of glass with no where to go. Quickly Elisha leaps to the counter for safety dropping sippy cups along the way. Samuel turns and runs in terror as the cups are still falling around me. I yell to my night and shinning armor to come and rescue me. He flashes a quick, "I'm MacGuyver" I can fix anything look and grabs the broom to rescue his only love who is standing with glass covering her bare feet. He swoops the glass off of the freezer for her to have a safe place to retreat while he softly brushes the glass shavings off of her feet. And begins the task of cleaning the mess. Now the mess is cleaned and we have to tell my mom that she is missing about 20 cups and that they are now in the trash. To my defense her glass shelf was missing one peg and the shelf tipped forward in the process of placing the clean ones up on it. I must say that no one got hurt in this little situation we had. Just the cups...

10 comments:

Shannon said...

I'm glad to hear no one was injured. Maybe your mom won't mind. She may have been getting tired of those glass & was wanting a new set ;)

meNmykids said...

Beautifully written! Sounds like an exciting moment indeed.

Sabriena said...

I agree with Mom. On both counts. I'm sure your Mom doesn't mind. If she is like any of the other mothers I know, she will just be glad that you and your children are safe and fine. I've been praying for you all. Since I haven't been reading blogs lately, I thought I should tell you that!

melissa said...

man that is scary thank god no one was hurt!!

Sylvia said...

I sure am glad nobody was hurt!! I bet that made a very attention grabbing sound. You probably didn't even have to call very loud for Lee. The sound of breaking glass always gets my attention. I am usually yelling "nobody move". Now be carefull!! We don't need you hurt.

Marisela said...

Thank goodness for "Knights in Shining Armor" Glad no one was hurt.

Jules said...

Oh my goodness! I'm so glad you, or anyone wasn't hurt! That is really scary! This makes me like my Tupperware glasses even more ;)

Chantel H said...

Yikes!! That sounds scary! Unlike Julie though, I love glass glasses. It's just not the same drinking out of plastic.

Unknown said...

I'm glad nobody got hurt, wow.

Sis. Leah said...

I am so glad to hear no one got urt. Thank God!!!