PhotobucketIT MAKES ME A HAPPY GAL TO HEAR FROM YOU!!!!

Monday, February 4, 2008

A Beautiful Day

We had the most beautiful day today here in Oklahoma. The weather was in the 70's and 80's. As the morning was going by it hit me that we needed to go to the zoo. So I got on the phone and called a dear friend of mine and asked her to join me. We had the best time together. Just walking and visiting and letting the kids spend some time together. My friend Silvia means the world to me. And her kids are very special to my heart, they call me Aunt Cherrie and I love it. They always give me lots of hugs and this always touches my heart because we have such a special bond. The zoo really was not up to par but the company sure made up for it. Most things were shut down for the winter so we did a lot walking and letting the kids play.

How do I describe this wonderful friend of mine. She is kind and always speaks good of others. She is wise and has much patience with her kids. We got to know each other when she was pregnant with her youngest daughter and they stayed with us. I can't believe it has been almost been 5 years. I was thinking about how her family is so dear to me. Her mom is one of the best ladies I know. She has been a huge example to me in life. And when I think of a older sister in our church she is one of those who I think about. Someone to go to for advice, someone to look upon and see the good she does, and the example that she is for us to follow. I pray and hope that the Lord will help me be wise in my life decisions so I can be that good example that I see in these two sisters. Thank you Silvia for being such a good friend to me and sharing your mom with me from time to time.

Sadness was in the air today since Sis. Betha died. My heart was heavy for our loss but happy that she was in no more pain. I know it was a hard day for you Silvia and I thank you for going with me. I am so sorry for the family and there loss. We love all of you very much.

6 comments:

meNmykids said...

Cherrie, I think that Sylvia is a fantastic friend too. And I am so glad that she shares her wonderful mom with me from time to time also. Sylvia is one of a kind, the best kind. Glad that you guys had a great trip to the zoo.

meNmykids said...

In case you ever wondered, she says all kinds of nice things about you too!

Jules said...

Sounds like it was fun. It was a beautiful day.

Sister D said...

I'm so thankful when God gives us days like that and having someone special to our hearts to share them with makes it even sweeter. We were sure thankful to be able to get to know you and your dear husband. I tried to find an e-mail address for you on your blog but couldn't so i wondered if you could send it to me? :) mines musicmom2@att.net
Love you so much

Sister D said...

Oops! I guess i should say who i am since Sister D could be anyone! It's Sister Dayna Hansen from Harrisburg, Oregon

Trina said...

I want to say THANK YOU!! I wrote a post on my blog about your special gift! THANK YOU!! *muah*