PhotobucketIT MAKES ME A HAPPY GAL TO HEAR FROM YOU!!!!

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Busy Day!

Today was such a busy day for us. We woke up this morning and had so much to do on our list (mental list). More might of got accomplished if I would actually write things down. But hey that is Chantel's thing not mine. So off to the bank, Lowes, and then Lee had to work on a job for a few hours so we went with him. He is redoing a shower for a elder at our church so I like to go and visit with his wife.

She is such a sweet lady, she lost her eye sight about 6 years ago. So she depends on her husband for so much. She is such a good example to me of faith. She lost one of her sons to cancer right before her eye sight left, he was also such a good example of faith. I remember when we first moved here we would go over and visit this young brother and his wife. They were such a amazing couple, they were married and not to long later she was expecting. There baby didn't make it and he had to take care of her for awhile after the delivery. Not to long after that he fell and hurt himself. He suffered with this for quite awhile until he passed. But the example they were to so many is just amazing. I was visiting with his mom today and she told me that she had questioned God about how come things like her son dying and her losing her eye sight would happen to someone who has always been a good person. She said not to long later she got a prophesy that told her how she had asked this and he told her how his son had died on the cross to be an example. She said that she only mentioned it to her husband and how amazing it was that God heard her and told her he required her and her son to be an example. This sister and her husband are such an amazing couple who has been thru so much in life but still hold to faith.

After Lee finished laying the tile we headed out to get haircuts for the boys and Lee. They were looking pretty shaggy. I got so tickled at Samuel. He said he was getting a ( hair cup )... Kids say things in the cutest ways sometimes.

6 comments:

melissa said...

this was a good post it touched me it made me think of how god works things out i get really down about us having another baby and wonder why some people get to have babies that cant even take care of them self or even hurt their children and i just have to remember that god has a plan and if its his will he will bless us again. thanks for the reminder

Jules said...

Yes this was a great post. You should have brought Stormie over, Taylor has been crying because her best friend is moving :( It is so amazing when a prophesy is spoken and you KNOW that it came from God because you hadn't told anyone else. I've had that happen a few times. It just AMAZES me. I'm glad you got to have such a wonderful conversation with D.

Anonymous said...

Hi Iam a sister from Boise. I love your blog. I have had a lost in my life and it was so sweet how the Lord caused me to read your blog just to remind me that the Lord has a plan and He knows all about us and what it takes to comfort a heart and what it takes to plant faith in your heart and what it takes to humble a heart. Thanks for the reminder. How sweet it is to visit with our older brethern and hear there stories of faith.

:.☂Raine☂.: said...

Thanks for the post Sis. Cherrie. It was something I needed to read today because of our loss here. I know God has a plan and won't give us more than we can handle. I've learned so much in the last 24 hours by just watching and listening to my brethren in this hard time. Thanks for the post.

Tish said...

I'm so glad you've been able to get stuff done; and besides that still enjoy good meetings and visits with the brethren. I've said this a lot, but I CAN'T WAIT until you guys get out here

By the way, I would like you to call me and tell me the address of Lee's parents' old house here in Hillsboro. I've been wanting to drive by it, but I don't know exactly where it is.

Unknown said...

lol that's cute hair cup