PhotobucketIT MAKES ME A HAPPY GAL TO HEAR FROM YOU!!!!

Friday, April 4, 2008

Taste of Home!

Me and a bunch of ladies went to the Taste of Home cooking show last night. It was so much fun, we learned lots of tips saw some yummy recipes. I can't wait to try some out. They gave us these nice little bags full of goodies when we walked in. I still need to go thru mine. I think there was around 17 of us in our group, and we won 7 prizes, I thought that was really neat. No I didn't win anything, but my mom and mother-in-law did. And my Aunt from California did so I thought that was real neat. I wish I could remember the some of the tips we learned... let me think.....

1. Spices get old, replace every 2 years.... I will during the packing...
2. Tear lettuce not cut
3. Cut brownies with plastic knife
4. When cooking a hen place on rack to add full flavor
5. Spray saran wrap with cooking spray while waiting for bread to rise, so it won't stick

Well this is the tips I remember, but I am sure Julie will remember more than me and she will probably post later so check her blog out later for more tips.


In other news I heard from the appraiser and he will be here on Monday morning so things are going smoothly. We just need to start packing and getting ready for this move. Its a little hard for me right now, we moved this time last year and was moving on Samuels birthday and it looks like the same situation this year. We have a birthday in April, May and June. Right in the middle of our big move across country.

9 comments:

Jules said...

That was such a fun night! I really enjoyed everything. PS ladies - I didn't win anything either, but my neice from Colorado did :P HEHE. Well I will post what I remember later today. My neice is going to give my hair highlights today! YAY. I'm so sad to be losing my family, but am also so happy for you guys!

meNmykids said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. I sure need a little boost to my boring cooking.

Marisela said...

Sounds like fun. Glad things are going well for you. Can't wait till you get here!

:.☂Raine☂.: said...

oh wow, that sounds like fun! I wonder if we have anything like that over here...

Anonymous said...

Someday I want to go to one of those. It sounds like it was a blast. I am so glad that Samuel has finally figured it out. While you are going through it, Potty training feels like forever. And with some kids, it is forever! Or practically. I'll miss you.
Sylvia

Trina said...

That sounds like so much fun. I will need to go to the next one that is out this way. Maybe you will be here by then and we can all go. I love helpful tips. I have used the spraying the plastic before putting it on the rising bread one for years. It is so helpful! Im glad we had a chance to chat today, and I am glad that things are still going well for your move. Cant wait!

Sister D said...

Sounds like you all had such a fun night together!
Wow it's really happening! You're really moving out here :) I know the move will be bittersweet it sounds like you have so many brethren there that are precious to you and I can tell they love you so much. But the Lord's plan for our feet is always the right one. Even when we feel right about it, it doesn't always make the steps easy. You're family will be in our prayers.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
meNmykids said...

I heard that some of my buddies didn't get their invite, so I'm resending the ones that haven't gone through. If you don't get yours please email me and let me know, maybe I have the address wrong. Hope you have a great day!