PhotobucketIT MAKES ME A HAPPY GAL TO HEAR FROM YOU!!!!

Wednesday, July 4, 2007

My Little Girl

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

At times I look at this little girls face and just think about how beautiful she is to me. And I so want her to be just as beautiful on the inside. I want to raise her in a way that would be pleasing to the Lord. Show her how to be a good wife some day. I worry that if I do this wrong she will be a mess. I must say right know I am a little worried. She has so much attitude that it drives me crazy. Did I mention she just turned eight. She is giving me the additude of a teenager. And if it gets worse at thirteen I am afraid for the poor child and everyone else she is around. Now don't get me wrong she is not a bad child by any means. She is very stubborn, she always has to have the last say. And those eyes can roll back into her head with the best of them. If she doesn't get her way she almost starts hiper ventilating at times. By the way this does not settle well with this momma. I want her to learn to compromise with others. Not to get upset if things don't go the way she wanted. I want to teach her to be kind and friendly to everyone. And not to leave others out. She has so much possibility if I can do my job right. For know I am working hard on the additude. And praying that I can get it under control. She has been grounded quite a bit lately. Oh ya did I mention that we are also working on the lying thing. For some reason that really pushes my buttons. And she does it so well. It scares me at how easily this comes to her. I am afraid she might be grounded for a long time. But on the other hand she can be the sweetest little girl also. She is so loving and she loves her brothers so much. She is so good about helping me clean the house. Playing with Samuel so I can get things done. Not sure why I felt like posting this today. Maybe so someday when she grows up to be this beautiful young lady that shines from the inside and outside I can remember that it took lots of prayers and hard work.

My little girl has always melted my heart. And I want her to be the best person she can be.

8 comments:

Marisela said...

I know how you feel...I sometimes lie awake at night worrying if I'm doing everything right myself...I want my girls to grow up to be good moms and sisters in the faith. And each of them have there little quirks and attitude problems. I think you are a good mom and because good morals are a part of you life...I think she will turn out just find. Prayer is always good...you might say a prayer for me I have 5 to deal with! hehe

Cherrie said...

Marisela.... I will be praying for you when I pray for myself. Thank you for the encouragment. My one is a lot of work I couldn't imagine having five girls to deal with... but I guess God knows what we each candle handle.

meNmykids said...

I have done my worrying (almost every day), but I think we have to understand that we WILL make mistakes. God will work in us and them if we continue to pray, pray, pray, and do the very best that we know. We are all a work in progress, the little ones just show the work more obviously. While you are praying for Marisela, don't forget me with my 7, sometimes my heart is in a quiver. I know that I can't do this job alone. Hence the prayer, prayer, prayer.

Trina said...

I loved this post! Who of us hasn't felt the exact same way. Good things for us all to realize we aren't alone. I have laid awake plenty and worried about my sons too. Knowing that they will have to lead, and be the bread winners in their households. With homeschooling on top of it, I have been scared at times. But there will be mistakes, and that's okay, God is good and He loves our children as much as He loves us. He will work with them and gently turn them in the right direction through lots of humble prayers. I want on that prayer list too please!

Chantel H said...

Stormie obviously got her strong will from me and as you know from the previous posts, I caught the man of my dreams and we are very happy!

Really tho, I'm sure thru prayer you will know haw to raise her.

Mrs.Martin said...

First of all, you are a good mom, who is very proactive and not lazy. Good start there. Then you have the Lord on your side. When I would hyper ventilate about one of my kids, I would pray hard, call my sister, tell my husband and within a week, the Lord would show me what to do. Or, the Lord would just plain give me peace about it. I can you tell you this, having kids is alot of work and alot of joy. Love ya and repect ya.

Mrs.Martin said...

I meant to write RESPEcT, just wanted to clear that up! lol

Michelle Swank said...

Cherrie I am sure you are going to fine with Stormie. Alot of things are phases others are personality. I know how hard you are on her and see the love that you give her. She will appreciate it all and understand it all when she is a mother with a little Cherrie/Stormie on hands.

Love & Prayer
MS