PhotobucketIT MAKES ME A HAPPY GAL TO HEAR FROM YOU!!!!

Friday, July 27, 2007

WORKING ON ME

I am at a point in my life where I would like to improve myself. I want to be a good wife, mother, and servant to the Lord. It seems as though everytime I decide that this is what I want to do. The old devil works harder with me. I catch myself being testy with my kids and husband. I decided to take Trina's advice and read "Created to be his Help Meet". So far I really am enjoying this book. I love how she gives the scriptures to back up what she is saying. I love the story of the "One Ugly Hillbilly". She is so right that a smile on your face makes all the difference in how someone feels about you. You can be dog ugly, but if you wear a smile it makes you so much more attractive. I would like to be the woman who is always smiling, even when I am not happy. No body else should have to deal with my mood swings. So from know on if you see me with a frown please let me know. Please God help me to be a better Help Meet for my husband. I do not want to end up as one of those old crabby ladies who chased her husband away because I was selfish. I want to tend to my husbands needs because thats what I want to do and because thats what the Lord has given me to do.

I have seen so many of my failings lately. Lets just say that I seem to change all the time. I used to cook dinner every night. Then somewhere down the road life got busy and we seemed to eat out all the time. This is not a good thing it is heavy on the pocket book and you just seem to get lazy. I don't even want to know how much it costs us when I don't fix a meal at home. Hmmm we have a family of five and we were eating out about twice a day. Mmmm not a pretty picture. So I am trying to do more cooking at home. So far I have made dinner 4 times this week. Yaa Whooo.... for me. It is friday and we decided to get a babysitter and go out alone tonight. Well at least no kids. So I will fix the kids something at home and we will go out. But hey don't I need to celebrate a little.

4 comments:

Sabriena said...

Good for you! Yes, you do need to celebrate, and hey, 4 less times a week is better than always going out to eat, right! I've heard that when you feel like you're a failure at something, you have a tendency to not try as hard. I don't know if I agree with that theory on all things, though. When I'm trying to be a better person, it certainly helps to see where my problems are! (But don't think you're a failure, because you're not).

meNmykids said...

Improvement here we come! Me too, I need to get better. We NEVER eat out, but we do have other faults. I'm sure you will get a grip on what you need to be, you're a good wife and mother.

marykathryn said...

Well I saw you are on the right track girl!! So many times I want to change things but I tend to look at the BIG picture and I get overwhelmed and I give up...Good for you by taking it 1 day at a time. I think that is the best way to acheive something!!

Anonymous said...

That is right, one day at a time. Sometimes we just need to be reminded of how we want to live our lives. I think it is so easy to Just live without thinking about what is really important. Thank you for reminding me. I have certainly gotten in a rut.

Sylvia